Basically eat from the top 2 green boxes ⬆️ most of the time. 85% of the time is golden. Click on the picture for more on quitting processed food.
I’ve divided food into 3 groups.
- Foods to always eat.
- Foods to sometimes eat.
- Foods to never eat. (Nearly never)
Eat organic where possible and if you can afford to.
- Raw Produce – fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds, coconut, cacao.
Eaten raw, not cooked, as much as possible. For the reasons why click here.
- Free range eggs
- Meat – Preferable organic meat and 100% grass fed meat
- Bone broths – (click for more)
- Free range poultry – preferably organic
- Fish – preferably Wild caught fish or organic farmed
- Wild Game
- Raw honey (in moderation)
- Coconut sugar (in moderation)
- Spices and herbs (Waitrose have an extensive organic range)
- Willies 100% chocolate (or as high % chocolate as you can find)
- Cold press extra virgin coconut oil
Note:. I don’t just eat handfuls of nuts and seeds. I make delicious raw sweets and desserts from them plus things like raw seed crackers, nut milks and seed butters. Click for more.
- Water, fruit infused water
- Herbal and flower teas
Plant based milks like coconut and almond (mostly coconut, more budget friendly to make yourself)
Green and Blacks Cocoa
- Cheese (always buy good quality cheese)
- Brown rice
- Potatoes/sweet potatoes
- Sourdough bread (homemade or find a good artisan, buy the best quality you can find and eat it as a treat)
Processed Food and Drinks
The great news is that you can still travel, party and be a good dinner guest. Its not like being a vegan or vegetarian where you have to stick to it 100%. You can relax when its easier and much more fun to do so.
I think its just a matter of resetting your tastebuds. Nowadays there is NOTHING I would rather eat. I do have the option of relaxing more at the weekends but the majority of the time I don’t bother. I LOVE WHAT I EAT.
Most of us know WHAT to do to get healthy but ACTUALLY doing it is a different story. That’s where Healthy and Loving it comes in. It bridges the gap between knowing what to do and actually doing it. Of course if you don’t know what to do we’ve got that covered too!!!
Subscribe below to receive my occasional blog posts and news about Healthy and Loving It.