Hi, I’m shona, I’m a Certified Health and Welness coach, master bellydance teacher and founder and boss at Amazingly Healthy Life.
I used to have some pretty heavy bad habits. I smoked, drank wine by the bucket load and ate whatever I wanted. I wasn’t too bothered about sleep and never gave stress management a thought. My idea of relaxation was drinking a bottle of wine every night.
To be blunt I treated my body and myself with complete disregard. I neglected it to the extreme and by the time I got to the age of 45 It was really beginning to show. The weird thing was that I never realised I was neglecting it at that time because I was just doing what everybody else does…
Thankfully, I never got really sick but I did begin to get negative digestive conditions like acid reflux and I’m sure I had the beginnings of IBS.
For the first time in my life I was putting on weight and also beginning to feel a bit depressed.
I knew I had to do something and that’s how my Amazingly Healthy journey began…and thank god because I’ve never looked back. Now in my 50s I look better than I ever did in my 30s and more importantly, I feel amazing.
So What did I do?
I reset my lifestyle
I ate properly…
I concentrated on nourishing my body with everything it needed…and my body loved it.
To explain more here are some of the major benefits (In no particular order) that I’ve enjoyed due to my lifestyle reset:
- Clear, glowing, healthy skin.
- Sparkling eyes, whites whiter than white.
- Healthy hair.
- Effortless weight loss/maintainance.
- Zero hunger.
- Zero cravings.
- Zero hankering after junk. I love what I eat. I wouldn’t change it for anything.
- Distinct lack of dis-ease. zero colds, zero headaches, zero sickness.
- A thriving body with fully functioning immune system.
- Acid reflux symptoms dissapeared completely.
- Bad habits just dropped away.
- Healthy and fit body.
- Lots of energy.
- Fabulous sleep.
- Positive mental attitude.
- Striving to achieve my potential, reaching targets, enjoying the journey.
- Improved relationships.
- A vastly improved relationship with myself. Dare I say ‘I love myself’.
- A zest for life.
- Peace of mind ( this should be 1st on the list really).
What I share on this website, in my blogs and on my Healthy and Loving It course is what I’ve learned on my 8 year health journey. It’s how I live.